There seem to be a couple of these going around right now. While I have no particular ax to grind, I will take the opportunity to highlight some of the blogs I enjoy on a regular basis. All of these can be found in the blogroll to the left, so I won’t duplicate links inside the entry. I found it difficult to rank order these blogs, as I seem to turn to different ones at different times depending on the mood I’m in or what I’m looking for.
1. My Year of Living Rangerously – Manny Gentile
2. Bull Runnings – Harry Smeltzer
3. Rantings of a Civil War Historian – Eric Wittenberg
4. Civil War Books and Authors – Drew Wagenhofer
5. Civil Warriors – Mark Grimsley, Brooks Simpson and Ethan Rafuse
6. A Publisher’s Perspective – Ted Savas
7. TOCWOC – Brett Schulte, et al
8. Civil War Bookshelf – Dmitri Rotov
9. 48th Pennsylvania Infantry – John Hoptak
10. Hoofbeats and Cold Steel – JD Petruzzi
Honorable mention to Behind Antietam on the Web by Brian Downey, which missed a spot only because of a very infrequent posting schedule. Such postings, however, are invariably worth the wait.
In looking back at my list, I notice that several of them post off-topic frequently. Perhaps that was a subcoscious criteria, but if so, then I really did Rene Tyree over at Wig Wags an injustice….
I am honored to make the list. Many of my favorites are here as well. Thanks again for the kind words.tpsTheodore P. Savaswww.savasbeatie.com
Brett Schulte (TOCWOC - A Civil War Blog) said:
Don,Thank you for including TOCWOC in your list. It seems we have similar taste in Civil War blogs… 🙂
J David Petruzzi said:
Thanks as well, Don! Your blog should make anyone’s Top 10 list!J.D.
John David Hoptak said:
DonThanks for including my blog in your list. John
Thanks for stopping by, folks. Your comments are, as always, greatly apreciated. Maybe I should post something of this nature more often, I think 5 comments on an article in a day is a record for this blog!
Rene Tyree said:
Thanks for the mention Don!